About Digital Canton
When the Canton Township Carnegie Library opened its doors in 1921, it was to be the last Carnegie-funded library in the United States.
Early on, the library obtained a set of three slipcased collections of stereocards and three stereo viewers. Over time, other stereographs were added. (Click the 'Collections' tab above.)
These images have survived in remarkably good condition, and are being digitized to share with the world. The full effect of the stereo images does not come through without a viewer; therefore, anaglyph images of each stereo pair have been created for viewing onscreen with red/cyan 3D glasses.